OR Surgical Technologist
Provides in an atmosphere of Christian community, healthcare service that contributes to the physical, psychological, emotional, and spiritual well-being of each person served.
Working under the direct supervision of a licensed professional nurse, the Surgical Technician administers routine services in caring for selected patients; performs scrub nurse duties in relation to knowledge and skills required.
Education, Training, and Experience
- High school degree or equivalent.
- Graduate of an approved surgical technician program preferred.
- Previous experience in surgical technician role preferred.
- Basic knowledge of microorganisms, universal infection control standards, and the ability to work with human tissue or body fluids. Must be able to focus on attention to detail and concentrate in a stressful environment in order to meet demands for instruments, equipment, and supplies.
- CORT (Grade 12)
BLS Certification required.
- Provides age appropriate patient care and pulls/sets up procedures correctly.
- Uses proper asepsis/ sterile technique at all times and monitors sterile field before and during surgery.
- Prepares and pulls cases appropriately for case assignments assuring needed equipment/ supplies are available for the case day of surgery.
- Functions independently in procedures, anticipates needs of surgical team and patient, and works without being directed to do so on a frequent basis. Works in a timely and efficient manner.
- Maintains skills needed for proper performance of job and uses educational opportunities to learn and enhance skill level.
For More Information
Please contact the Human resources department at (318)998-8143